The treatment was provided by Ektha Aggarwal at her practice Shakti Therapy & Healing Services based in Culver City, CA.
At Shakti Therapy & Healing Services, patients receive personalized treatment plans that incorporate a variety of therapeutic modalities, including cognitive-behavioral, humanistic, and pharmacological approaches.
The sessions are administered in a controlled, therapeutic environment under the guidance of a trained physician and psychedelic therapist, and patients are provided with personalized meditations and music playlists to enhance their experience.
If you are struggling with mental health issues and are looking for a safe and effective treatment option, ketamine assisted psychotherapy may be the solution you have been searching for.
Pam was born in the 90s and is a working mother with a post-graduate degree.
*Pam is a ficticious name given to the patient to protect his or her Personal Health Information according to HIPAA guidelines.
Problems & Symptoms
Pam had the following problems and symptoms before her Ketamine treatment:
- Struggles with eating disorder for over 15 years
- Generalized anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts, self-mutilation,
- Trauma related to sexual assault, physical and emotional abuse,
- Grief, loss, emotional imbalance, relationship issues, and sleep problems.
- Strained relationship with siblings, but supported by parents.
- Medical history fluctuates due to eating disorder.
- No reported history of mental illness in family.
- Eating disorder taking over identity, fear of not knowing how to live without it.
“My eating disorder has been weighing me down and quite literally eaten the joy out of my life.”
Treatments Before Ketamine
Unsuccessful treatments with:
- Inpatient treatment centers.
- Traditional talk therapy for years.
- Psychotropic medications prescribed by psychiatrists.
Signs of Successful Ketamine Treatment
- Reduction in symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Increase in feelings of well-being and emotional regulation.
- Understanding of separation between self and eating disorder.
- Rediscovering who she really is.
- Hopeful for the future and learning to love herself.
Testimonial: Ketamine Therapy Experience
This is a fragment of a more extensive testimonial shared by the patient:
“I’ve been struggling with my eating disorder since I was a teenager. Dating is hard, working is hard, being around myself is so difficult. It’s consumed my identity and I no longer know who I really am. I really need more than hope at this point in my life. During the ketamine treatment sessions, I felt weirdly held and safe in a way I haven’t felt even in my own body. The ketamine helped to break down some of the barriers that I had put up, or the barriers my eating disorder put up against my will. I am starting to feel a separation from my eating disorder. Thank you so much Shakti Therapy for showing me my eating disorder and not hating it anymore.”
You may read the full testimonial here.
Share this post: